Even in the midst of busy weeks, everyone needs a few Friday Fun Facts!
- Very small clouds that look like they have been broken off bigger clouds are called “scuds.”
- A person who is cold is more likely to be hungry because the body needs energy to keep warm.
- The Eiffel Tower is repainted every seven years.
- No word in the English language rhymes with purple, orange, month or silver.
- In 1878, the first telephone book contained 50 names. (watch this!)
- Large kangaroos can cover more than thirty feet with each jump.
- There are, on average, 259 raisins in a box of Raisin Bran and 388 in a box of Premium Raisin Bran.
- On average, adults watch twice as much TV as teenagers do.
- Bart Simpson’s voice on the Simpsons is done by a woman, Nancy Cartwright.
- A bumble bee flaps its wings at the rate of 160 times per second.
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY…
- 1965 – US launches first Vietnam War offensive.
- 1997- Mike Tyson bites the ear of Evander Holyfield in a fight.
- 1836 – President James Madison.
- 1967 – Israel annexes East Jerusalem.
- 1846 – The saxophone is patented.
- 1926 – Mel Brooks is born.