I was having a conversation with a group the other day. We all commented that it is hard to believe we are almost mid-June 2019. Regardless of the time of year, there is always room for a few Friday Fun Facts.
- An unprotected human can survive up to 1 1/2 minutes in space with no permanent bodily damage.
- The only difference between brown eyes and every other color eyes is that brown eyes have more pigment.
- The “Big Dipper” is known as “The Casserole” in France.
- Two-thirds of the worlds eggplants are grown in New Jersey.
- Most monkeys have tails.
- Approximately 40% of the Netherlands is below sea level.
- The odds of being struck by lightning are 600,000 to 1.
- Pain travels through the body at 350 feet per second.
- One plain milk chocolate candy bar has more protein than a banana.
- If you yelled for 8 years 7 months and 6 days, you would produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
On this day in history…
- In 1777, the Continental Congress adopted the Stars and Stripes.
- In 1940, Germany invaded Paris in World War II.
- In 1834, sandpaper was patented by Isaac Fischer Jr, in Springfield, Vermont.
- In 1847, Robert Bunsen invented the Bunsen burner.
- In 1989, Nolan Ryan became the second pitcher to defeat all 26 teams.
- 1952, Pat Summitt, legendary Lady Vols Basketball Coach, is born in Clarksville, Tennessee.