I always look forward to Fridays. It typically means and evening and a Saturday for down time. But what are Fridays without a few fun facts?!
- The world’s most expensive spice is saffron.
- A person weighs less at the top of a mountain than at sea level.
- Nearly 1/3 of women in the U.S. color their hair.
- The five most frequently used letters in the English alphabet are, in order, E T A I S.
- On average there are eight peas in a pod.
- Listerine mouthwash can also be used as deodorant.
- Most left-handers draw figures facing to the right.
- Frostbite Falls, Minnesota was home to Rocky and Bullwinkle.
- Both gorillas and cats sleep about fourteen hours each day.
- A strawberry is the only fruit with its seeds on the outside.
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 1929 – Vatican City becomes an independent state.
- 1958 – Prince was born.
- 1952 – Liam Neeson was born.
- 1982 – Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley, in Memphis, Tennessee, was opened for tours.
- 1986 – Bo Jackson was drafted by the Kansas City Royals.
- 1966 – Ronald Reagan was nominated governor of California.