Did you know that laughter and enjoying life is biblical. Proverbs 17:22 says, “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Laughter is also healthy. (Read Forbes Article)
So here are a few useless and fun facts for this final Friday of May 2019.
- In Chinese dining, duck sauce is almost never used on a duck.
- The first U.S. federal penitentiary building was completed at Leavenworth, Kansas in 1906.
- The U.S. and Canadian border is the world’s longest frontier stretching 3,987 miles.
- The Battle of Bunker Hill was actually fought on Breed’s Hill.
- The average American uses 168 gallons of water of water per day for drinking, washing, etc.
- Coffee is generally roasted between 400F and 425F.
- The human brain stops growing in size at about age fifteen.
- A group of kangaroos is called a “mob.”
- The windmill actually originated in Iran in AD 644 as a way to grind grain.
- Bowlers are allowed to have a maximum of five fingertip holes on a regulation bowling ball.
This Day in History
- 1961 – South Africa became an independent republic.
- 1930 – Clint Eastwood was born.
- 1859 – Big Ben in London goes into operation.
- 1997 – Ila Borders became the first woman to pitch in a minor league baseball game.