It seems as though this year is moving at a very fast pace. Take a moment today and laugh. It’s good for you!
- Half of men start to lose their hair by age 30. More than 40% of men wind up with significant hair loss. (Looking at our church staff, the percentage is much higher. :D)
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its twenty-one inch tongue.
- Fingernails grow up to seven times faster than toenails.
- The Great Wall of China stretches about 4,100 miles across North China.
- Cockroaches will not eat cucumbers.
- The word “tulip” comes from the Turkish word for turban.
- One in three dog owners say they have talked to their pet on the phone. (I am guilty.)
- The whiskers on a catfish are called barbells.
- The Europeans first added chocolate to their coffee in the 1600’s.
- A dairy cow can produce more milk while listening to music.
On this day in history…
- Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard was born in 1956.
- Actor Dennis Hopper was born in 1936.
- The first Kentucky Derby was held in Louisville, KY.
- Toyota announced plans for a hybrid Camry in 2005.
- The last episode of “Beverly Hills 90210” aired in 2000.