With the new year, we (meaning actually my wife) have begun a new low-carb eating plan. We typically eat some time of protein and fresh veggies for dinner. However, we have been tryin out a few new recipes. For today’s Taste Test Tuesday post, I wanted to share a recipe for broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken. It was crazy good! The original recipe was posted on thatlowcarblife.com and we made our own modifications.
4 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon salt divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 3/4 cup chopped broccoli
4 ounces cream cheese softened
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil.
- Add the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, onion powder and curry powder to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt to a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the broccoli.Spoon the cheese mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with 2 pieces of bacon (we like bacon).
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place pan under the broiler to crisp the bacon more, if desired.
Let me know what changes you make to the recipe and share your thoughts!