If you are looking for a savory muffin to try, here is a great recipe I found several years ago. In our home, we call them “food muffins.” They go well with any Italian food or even as a stand-alone. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, & olive oil.
- Add flour mixture; stir just until mixture is moistened.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack and serve warm.
I’d love to hear how they turned out or any upgrades you made!